CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 06, 2009

Teeth, Slide, and Potty Time..Oh my!

What a day!

Today Chloe had her first Dentist visit. I admit, I thought it was going to be a horrible experience.

But it actually went rather smoothly. It only took probably a total of five minutes. The dentist came in, immediately cleaned her teeth, painted a vitamin on, and we were on our way. Chloe sat in my lap and leaned back onto the dentist's lap. I'm pretty sure that the only reason she didn't scream her head off was that she was too terrified. She was just doing whatever we told her to do...

At any rate, the dentist seems to think that there is a great possibility that she'll need braces when she's older. His reasoning was that there is no spacing between her teeth, which could cause them to seperate as the adult teeth grow in. We'll see...I hope not. I certainly thing it's a bit premature to even be putting that in my head! Anyway, other than that, her teeth were great! Yay!

One thing that bothered me was that they said that after this visit, we would no longer be able to go back with her. What!?! Am I being way too overprotective when I say that is unacceptable??? How can a dental office expect me to let my toddler go back and basically have medical procedures/decisions performed on her without me present? I think not! Maybe it would be different if she were 8-10 yrs old, but she's 2! I called today to see how flexible they were with that, and apparently not at all. And I quote, "I understand your concern, but if we let you, we'd have to let everyone, and there's simply not room back there." What??? There's a chair in every corner! I promptly canceled her next visit and will be looking for a new dentist. On to the pics:



So then we went on to Bouncertown. Chloe LOVED it. LOVED. IT. Did I mention that she loved it? Because she did...

She was so much braver than I was going to give her credit for. They had five little bouncy stations and I was pretty sure that she was only going to be able to play in the toddler area. But goodness if she didn't prove me wrong and go on EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Including the HUGE slides. I'll post pictures and video. (Warning:They all came from cell phones, so they aren't the best quality, but what do you do!?!)



Last...Chloe went pee pee in the potty! It's funny because I sit her on the potty before she gets in the bath tub EVERY time. She never goes. I usually put her on again when she gets out. Still, nothing. Today I didn't put her on when she first got on. Then towards the end of her bath, she says she "needs to go poo poo". Back story: We used to have a BIG problem with Chloe going poo poo in the bath tub every time she took a bath. So gross. So everytime I put her in, I repeated, "No poo poo in the bath tub." Then I made her repeat it. We did that several times throughout. Every time. This time she starts saying, "Poo Poo in the bathtub." I ask her if she needs to go, and she says yes. So I took her out of the bath and put her on the potty. I wasn't expecting much because she always does this. But sure enough, she goes pee pee in the potty! And bless her heart, she tried as hard as she could to go poo poo!

But anyway, she got lots of praise, M&M's, and got to make lots of phone calls! Don't get me wrong, I don't think she's anywhere near being ready to potty train, but she certainly is getting a lot closer!


6 comments:

Kelli said...

Um, yeah- I would say find a new dentist ASAP. Maybe a pediatric dentist?

Love the video- I got dragged down one of those-literally- and have the scar to prove it on my arm. Kids are so much better at those things, even though it was a kid who drug me down it!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you cancelled the next appt! NO FREAKIN' WAY would I send my kids back without me. NO FREAKIN' WAY. We have a great pediatric dentist, but I doubt you want to drive all the way up here!

mom said...

Yes the dentist has to go! No doubt about it! The video was great. And of course Chloe-Bell was brave! I can't believe you would think otherwise! Remember she is the girl that has been tightrope walking the back of my sofa with no net on one side for forever and tightrope crawling before that!lol

Bobby said...

No way would I keep a Dentist who would allow a parent into the room, NO WAY. Love the slide video. We went to a party that had of those. She would not get on it to save her life!

Monique said...

Hooray for Chloe going pee pee on the potty! Ava did it only one time for me at her new daycare last week. I had to laugh to myself because I swear Ava and Chloe are twins. I have very similar bathtime routines as you and I've had presents left in the bathtub. Maybe they send telepathic msgs to each other ;-)

Anonymous said...

When did she get so big....

And drop that dentist as quickly as you did, seriously my kids would NEVER survive being taken away from me AND then having teeth cleaned. I need to take my kids to the dentist.