CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Garden, Part II

If you guys remember, I started a "farm" last spring. I had tomatoes, jalapenos, green peppers, raspberries, black berries, blue berries, cantaloupe, zucchini, cucumbers, and a wide variety of herbs. But then we got Chloe's referral and after coming back I didn't much help with anything and just couldn't keep up with everything. So it failed...

This year I decided to try again...this time just a smaller garden though :) . We kind of got a late start, so today Chloe and I went out and got some starter plants. We got some tomatoes, patio tomatoes, banana peppers, Serrano peppers, jalapenos, green peppers, and red peppers.
After Chloe got to bed, I went out and got every thing planted except for the regular tomatoes. It was quite the sight, me out there in the rain, planting peppers...just ask my neighbors. They were nice enough to offer to do it for me. But no, I did it myself.

Some proof:

Patio Tomatoes

Pepper Garden


Chloe and I made some fresh, homemade salsa tonight. It was SO good. As most of you know, I LOVE salsa. But I've never tried making it fresh. Until tonight. And I thought I would try a mango salsa, just because it sounded good. So we went out and got some FRESH tomatoes, mango, onion, avocado, jalapenos, lime juice, garlic, and cilantro. Hand diced all of it, mixed it together, and here's what we got:


Trust me, it's SO good. Sadly, I very rarely do much in depth cooking these days. Its tough just cooking for Chloe and I, and if I do, we eat the same thing for days, which I hate. But we just went for it tonight. Tomorrow we are going to make either some grilled chicken breasts or tilapia and top it with the salsa. I think it'll be awesome. The only thing I'd really change about the recipe is to up the spiciness. I added an extra jalapeno, but it didn't do much. So next time I think that I'll either use some of the seeds, or try a hotter pepper. We'll see. Tomorrow I'm going to the farmers market to get some more produce to make again. :)

And last, no post would be complete without some pictures of the baby....


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look you tuckered her out with all that planting talk!

Anonymous said...

Awww, she's cute! And that salsa looks divine!!

Happy forever family day Angel and Chloe!

jenn said...

She is so adorable! I love the tiny crocs and can't wait until the twins will fit in some (they have super tiny feet.)

Does Chloe eat the salsa? It looks wonderful. I spend most of the summer experimenting with salsas and mango is one of my favorites. I like it to have a kick with the sweetness of the mango and have tried habaneros and serranos too. I got it too hot once and was out of mango so I toned it down with fresh pineapple...mmm, I can't wait for summer and fresh produce and herbs at the market!

Anonymous said...

That salsa looks so good and man does Chloe look big!

Bobby said...

Chloe is beautiful. Nothing like fresh produce you’ve grown yourself. Going to have to try to make the mango salsa myself, sounds yummy. Thanks for the update.