CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

It never ends...

So last weekend we had a lot of rain here. Unfortunately, the sump pump for whatever reason did not kick on, causing water to flood into the living room, kitchen, dining room/hallway, and downstairs bathroom. There wasn't a whole lot of water, but enough to cause the living room, dining room/hallway, and bathroom floors to need to be replaced. I can deal with replacing the flooring in the bathroom and living room, as I had planned on doing that at some point, but I JUST had the flooring done in the dining room/hallway. On the bright side, I think I'm going to go hardwood throughout and ceramic tile in the bathroom.

And get this: I think I'm going to try installing it myself. So anyone who wants to help me out...be sure to let me know:).

I'm basically screwed with the air conditioning. The guy basically said today that he's not going to do anything else. So looks like I start over and that was $4,000 down the drain. I guess on the bright side here, once I get someone in here I actually won't have to be hot any more.

A funny moment today:

I'm laying down reading while Chloe is taking a nap, when the doorbell rings. It's the mail guy. He's bring me the mail because there is a package that won't fit in my mailbox. This package is from a book club that does those automatic shipments and I always end up sending them back. The conversation kind of goes like this:

Mail guy: Here's your mail, the box wouldn't fit...
Me: Um...thanks. But can you take this back, I don't want it...
Him: Absolutely...you can refuse whatever you want.
Me: Thanks. Actually can you hang on a second...I have another one in my car that I've been meaning to drop off at a mail box.
Him: No problem.
(I run in the house, out the garage to grab it then head back to the front. As I'm handing it to him...)
Him: Here's my number in case you have any other packages you want to refuse.
(I'm debating what to say because I'm 99% sure that he was just trying to give me his number, but maybe he was serious. After a couple of seconds pass, I just start laughing. I can't help it.)
Me: I'm sorry! I didn't mean to laugh. That's not a service the post office offers is it? (Still laughing)
Him: No...I was just being nice.
Me: (Handing the number back) I won't be needing that...but I have to say that was a pretty good attempt. (Still laughing)
Him: Hey...I tried.

Yes he did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was cute. You should have asked him how much the post officew is paying its carriers. lol Just kidding

Anonymous said...

That bites that you are having issues - but hey at least the mail man can make you feel good (even if you are not interested) :)

Erica said...

Talk about service...I'm impressed by his effort.

Erica
http://www.home4haven.blogspot.com/