CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Update

Well, the space heater didn't seem to be doing any good in unfreezing the lines, so after I got back from my mom's (taking a shower), I went out there with my hair dryer. I blow dried the pipes for about half an hour, but it didn't seem to do much good. So I left it out there for a little bit and kept checking it, moving it around.

SO FINALLY IT WORKED!!! WE HAD WATER!!!!

Unfortunately the water was spraying all over the place. Yes, our pipes burst. In 4-5 different places. So we are officially without water, no nope of it coming back. Marty is going to come over on Friday and see if we can get the pipes switched out.

I can't remember if I told this to Mark or not (but maybe he'll read it tonight), but when he gets home tomorrow morning, I'll take his car to my mom's, take a shower, then go to work. (Because my car isn't going anywhere anytime soon)

And just so we are clear, I already understand that this is my fault for not making sure that the garage closed all the way, so if you feel the need to keep reminding me, I already know that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the need to do NO SUCH THING! I am not convinced that it is totally your fault. Yes you should have made sure the garage door was closed but your water lines and water softener are not far from the overhead door. I have a case of pop in the garage as far from the door as possible right next to the door into the house and I do not leave my garage door open for more that 60 seconds and the pop is frozen. the can is bowed out on both ends. So your piped may have burst with the door closed. so don't beat yourself up, run a space heater out there when the temperature drops below zero, or maybe check on pipe insulation or heat tape.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Our pipes froze superbowl weekend. We got one set unfrozen with a hair dryer and then the other busted and we had wet carpet. We just finished fixing the pipes yesterday, I can do laundry now. I would definitely recommend pipe insulation. Isn't it great being a homeowner.

Angel said...

Ours did then too. It sucked. The joys of home ownership. I was really thinking that we would be good to go today...but no such luck. Another leak.

How is tax season going for you???

Anonymous said...

Go figure I say they are fixed and i get home last night and they are frozen and then they freeze again this morning. :) Tax season is good, didn't start tax returns until Feb. and i got out of all payroll returns, i was auditing. it hard to switch my brain back to taxes.