CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Just another day...

Man! I have to tell you I am SO, SO exhausted. I, of course, worked crazy hours all week. And then I worked an eight hour day today and yesterday. I'm really a little irritated that I've had to do that, because I haven't had a chance to really enjoy this nice weather!

So a lot has happened in this last week, so I better get to it!

The main thing was our water situation. Monday, I had a well company come out to look at our well and give us an estimate. (we had water, the pressure just wasn't right) He told me that to fix what needed to be fixed, it would be 600-750. I said ok, as I didn't really have much of a choice, as it needed fixed. An hour and a half later, all they succeeded in doing was getting the well pump stuck and leaving us without water. Oh, and he wanted to charge me $225 for it. For not repairing anything. And they told us that it would probably be about 3,000 to fix and that we might want to consider city water.

We decided to go ahead and go the city water route. After a series of subcontractor quotes, we finally got one to connect us for $2,480. Plus we had to pay a fee to the water company of 700. PLUS, we have to pay a monthly surcharge of $53 with our water bill for 240 months. If you do the math, that's 13,000!!!! Luckily our home owner's insurance reimbursed us $2,400, so it was really only about $800 our of our own pocket, plus the $53/month charge.

On a brighter note, I planted some herbs yesterday. I think some chives, sweet basil, parsley, cilantro, dill, and marjoram. Not sure how long they take to grow, but I hope its quick! I will plant some more outside, once the "danger of the last frost" has passed, whenever that may be.

Last but not least, I still think Daylight savings time sucks. And I especially think it sucks that I lose an hour of sleep during tax season. As if I don't suffer enough from lack of sleep... ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Now You have hade a week haven't you. These are the time that you have to remember that what does't kill you makes you stronger. Speaking of Stronger... Did you reall pay that goof head 225.00 to tear up your well?

Anonymous said...

You poor Indiana people, complaining about a little thing like a time change.

Angel said...

Definitely!!! Obviously, I'm still on pre-daylight savings time, as I was late for work today!