CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 04, 2007

I'M BACK...FOR NOW....

So I have to tell you that this past month or so has been absolutely madness. I'm not sure I remember ever being so chronically exhausted. I have been working 16 hour days, plus Saturdays and Sundays. I haven't had time to do a lot of things, and Mark is only available when most people are sleeping. So my point is for nobody to take it personally, as things will slow down here after awhile.

Note worthy items:

  • I think that we have decided on a new vehicle. We are going to go with the 2007 Jeep Patriot. We will be trading in Mark's Scion. The Patriot will fit in with our lifestyle a little better, plus it gets awesome gas mileage, better than the Scion. And plus it's a vehicle that we both decided on. If all goes well, we will probably have it this week.
  • We finally got our paperwork submitted. It's been an ordeal, but I think we have finally got it all taken care of. We had to submit an application and photos separately, and once I know that they have arrived in Vietnam, I will be able to finally stop stressing about it. Special thanks to my mom for saving us in the photo disaster!!! Also, since I'm on the subject of thanking people: Dad Hunter-Thanks for getting us the green slip info so quickly. Jason-Thanks for shoveling our driveway. You went above and beyond what I expected. Marty-Thanks for fixing our pipes and restoring our water, we really appreciate it.
  • I think a pipe cracked on our well pump. Our water pressure has never really returned to normal, sometimes I can take a shower, sometimes I can't. A guy is supposed to come out and look at it tomorrow, so we'll see. He says it will probably be less than a thousand dollars to fix--although I was hoping he would say less than $100. But oh well, I suppose that's the way it goes.

So this spring I had high hopes at trying my hand at a garden. However, my hopes have been all but dashed when I was informed that it's too late to start right now. If anybody can give any advice I would appreciate it. We bought seeds for: Watermelon, cantaloupe, green beans, snow peas, cucumbers, zucchini, jalapenos, red peppers, etc.

Also, I think we need some advice on getting grass back. When do we put grass seed down? Do we need fertilizers? Weed killers?

Last, we really need to put trim down in our dining room. I've been researching it, and I think that we can do it. But I think that we need to borrow a miter saw or something like that from someone... plus I need someone to come with me and show me what to buy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your welcome for the photo help. I found the disappearing photo by the way. I can't tell you where
I found it I can only show you. I will be happy to help you with your trim let me know when. I have a miter saw. You can still do a garden you just jave to get the seeds planted RIGHT NOW!!!!!! inside!

Angel said...

In what? Plastic cups?

Anonymous said...

Well plastic cups would work but moss planters would work too and I would use the moss, but you can use plastic if it makes you feel better smartie pants.