CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 15, 2007

Here we go...

So Chloe has an attitude. I think that we might be seeing some temper tantrams here real shortly.

Last week I was out of town--Las Vegas. Had a great time. But I was gone from Saturday until Wednesday and I really missed my little Chloe... (I am pleased to add that she was VERY excited to see me, she didn't forget about me:) )

Well, on Wednesday she also learned that she could express herself a little more than she was used to. How you ask? She has learned that she can talk. Now I'm not going to be one of those parents that pretend like my baby girl has suddenly become a big talker. Her word of choice is "da da da da da da da". This is the only sound she really makes. And it doesn't mean any specific thing, rather it's her word for everything. There are many variations of this word for her, all depending on her tone. I thought it was pretty cute...at first.

So I get home in the afternoon and go to take her home from my mom's. I believe that I've written before how Chloe HATES the car seat. Well, she hadn't finished a bottle, so I let her have it on the drive home. As we are driving, I hear "da da da da". Looking back, I realize she doesn't have her bottle, so I reach back, grab the bottle, and give it back to her (all while keeping my eyes on the road). All is well, for a few seconds, until I hear a slightly more agitated "da da da da". I look back again, and again, no bottle. I am coming up on a stop sign, so I reach back again, turn and look at her, and then put the bottle in her mouth. And here is what I witness next: Chloe takes the bottle out of her mouth, THROWS it, turns her head to look at me, and screams (not cries, actually screams) "DA DA DA DA DA!!!!" with the absolute most hateful look I've ever seen on her face! I couldn't believe it!

So I told her that she better stop or her face would stick that way. I went ahead and didn't give her bottle back to her again. When I got home, I took her out of her car seat and then she was just as cute as can be. I think the car seat possesses her:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, it is not the car seat! Little Bella has discovered her voice, ant the power it possesses!

Anonymous said...

Haha! She has definatly found her voice!