CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

I'm a Monster!!!

Am I the only one who feels like crap when I have to kill/dispose of a living creature, no matter how insignificant it may be???

-Friday-I notice my dog is in the back of my backyard messing with something. No doubt something that he shouldn't be...so I call him in. Out of curiosity, I walk back there to do an inspection. To my complete horror--I see a bunny rabbit. **Grossness Alert** I see it moving it's head around, like it's looking for somewhere to go. Then I notice that it's not all put together the way it should be. So I turn around and run back in the house because I don't know what to do. I pretty much feel like I'm going to puke. I'm thinking that the little thing need to be put out of its misery, but I certainly wouldn't have any idea how to do it even if I was so inclined. What I do know is that there is no way I can look at the look at the thing again. So I call in reinforcement to get it taken care of. Poor thing. I can't get the image out of my head.

So then today--I'm trying to clean the kitchen when I notice a bee in the house. I think it got in through a hole in the kitchen window screen, so I lead it back outside. Well, when I get out there, there are a good 15-20 hanging out on my patio and around my windows. I go back inside and there are three more! Chloe runs out on the patio all the time, so I figure it's in the best interest to get some bug spray. And I go to town. So--no more bees, but I feel like crap for doing it.

THEN. we're out front cleaning up, when I accidentally bump a wasp's nest. They weren't too happy, and the bug spray had to come out again. Gosh...I felt like the grim reaper this weekend!

3 comments:

Monique said...

Don't feel bad Angel. I had posted a few wks ago about a bunny nest in our yard. Every day the kids would go check on the bunnies. Then one day I happen to notice that one of the babies was laying next to the nest. I walked over to it and it had bite holes on it's neck. I had to have my husband remove it before the kids saw and I couldn't get the image out of my head the whole night. I feel like I lead the predator to the bunny hole by checking on it every day. Maybe leaving our human scent around the area.

mom said...

I would feel bad about the bunny but the bees, no way. they will sting you just for breathing. So keep that spray handy. And poor little Raja was just doing what nature taught him. Still Im glad I didn't have to see that site.

Susan said...

I'm with you on the bunny incident. In fact, I felt like wretching just reading about it. But when it comes to insects, heck no! Those things think nothing of attacking you or just annoying the heck out of you, so I say, "Off with their heads!" (Okay, maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but I do eliminate them in any way possible.)