CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer Days...

My "cooking" routine these days is really pretty simple. Mostly, I don't cook. Our meals usually consist of some kind of vegetable (Peas, corn, carrots, green beans) fruit (bananas, strawberries, grapes, water melon, pineapple, pears, etc )and meat (deli meat, grilled chicken).

Mostly it's because:

1) I try to stick to non messy meals. Nothing that's going to require a huge cleanup, either of the kitchen, dishes, Chloe's eating area, or Chloe herself.

2) It's very inconvenient for me to try and spend much time in the kitchen. Chloe wants to be able to be RIGHT there no matter what I'm doing.

3) It's so hard to really cook much in single servings. Or single and a half servings. So a lot of times when I cook we have leftovers for days. Which is no fun.

I'm sure it'll get better in the future, but for now, that's the way we roll.

However.

Tonight, we semi-cooked. We actually grilled out. We did bacon wrapped chicken kabobs. Chloe even helped me put them together. And as proof, here are beginning and ending pictures.



Mmmm. Looks good, right? Unfortunately, this was WAY too much food for just as. Really, after cooking it, I found out I just wasn't that hungry. So we kept one and gave the rest to my neighbors. They were pretty excited. We ate about half of one between the both of us. Kinda disappointing. But what do you do?


So as I'm grilling, Chloe is playing with her water table. This is what I turn around to:


Too cute, huh? This child loves to climb on, over, through EVERYTHING. She's definitely going to be trouble.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Humm maybe bath time should include clothes. She is having a great time!

Anonymous said...

Awww, she is so cute! And she must *love* water, because I think those pictures are the absolutely happiest I've seen of all the pictures you posted of her. (Not that she ever looks unhappy...but man, look at the size of that smile!)

Bobby said...

Yummy, if you only have time to "cook" once in a while, might as well go for it. I love how long Chloe's hair is getting. She is so happy in those pictures, even if she's doing something she shouldn't be doing ;)

Bobby said...

Oh and I noticed the black eye is gone!!

KrisJ said...

She is to cute in that pool!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable!!!! And that meal looks delicious...