CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Nails...

As you can see, I got my nails down the other day. And yes, they actually are MY nails. But that's not the point of this post. You see, usually when I get my nails down, I always end up getting them done by the same guy. And he's from Vietnam. So we usually end up talking about Vietnam a lot.
This time he talked to me a little bit about Tet, which is the Vietnamese New Year Celebration. According to him, this year is not only the year of the pig, but it's the year of the GOLDEN pig, which only happens once every 100 years or something like that. The pig is supposed to symbolize money and wealth, so I suppose the GOLDEN pig is supposed to mean LOTS of money and wealth. He said that everyone wants to have a baby this year. Especially a boy. (Of course, he doesn't think he really believes in that.)
He did give me some interesting customs that they do on Tet:
*They wear all new clothes. New everything. This is supposed to symbolize a new year a new beginning. So you don't wear anything old.
*They don't work. It's supposed to be a day of rest. So they try to prepare the food for the Tet celebration early so they don't have to cook that first day...
I found out that Chloe was born in the year of the dog. I didn't think about the fact that because the lunar calendar doesn't match ours, the years don't really match. You know how if you go to a chinese resteraunt, they have the placemats that list different years for what your symbol is? Well if you were born at the beginning of our calendar year, you probably are the prior years symbol...does that make sense? Also, it just so happens that I'm a dog too...
I'm going to end with a few pictures of Chloe:

I think this pictures is pretty cute...

I got this toy for Chloe a few weeks ago. It's a chair connected to a little table and it sings, reads a story, says the ABC's, etc. She LOVES it. I think it might just be her favorite!


Another picture of Chloe in her Colts outfit today. And check out what she's doing! She's also consistantly taking 8-10 steps now... She's going to be off and running here in the next few days I do predict...


And again, another cute picture!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute in her little colts outfit!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable!

Anonymous said...

she is adorable in everything she wears, esp;ecially in the colts outfit