CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 19, 2007

What was supposed to be an uneventful day....

I decided that I would come home for lunch today and get some stuff done.  I'm in my bedroom and realize that one of the light bulbs in my fan was burnt out, then I remembered that one of the bathroom bulbs were as well.  So I thought I would head down to the laundry room and get some replacements.  As I get down there, I happen to see some water on the floor.  Hmmm....

As I investigate further, I realize that there is a LOT of water.  Then I realize that it's coming from the water heater.

Suck. 

Really bad.

I head back to work thinking I can make some calls and price a new one.  Wrong.  Apparently you have to know the exact dimensions of your old water heater before anyone will help you.   Jerks.

So I have to go back home and measure.  Then I find out that it's going to cost me more to have it installed than I'm going to pay for the unit itself!  Craziness!

But all was not lost....

Turns out my brother knows how to install water heaters and spent his evening installing mine.  So that was awesome.  Saved me quite a bit. 

 

Random Picture:

 

This is a completely awful picture of me.  I had just finished working out, washing my face, etc.  But it was the best I could do on my own and Chloe's smile is too cute!.  It was taken 9/11/07. 

Picture 065

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bites, but glad to hear that it is now fixed.

Anonymous said...

Angel, I was told that if you drain it every 3 mos. it will last longer, that was by our inspector, a contractor at work told me that you only have to do it once a year, I know this is too little too late but you will know for next time

Anonymous said...

Well she will know why it went sooner than it should have.
not a bad picture of you, you are right a beautiful smile on Bella.