CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

It's been awhile...

Since my last post. Things have been pretty busy. Chloe's been sick for the last few weeks, then we had Christmas on the 25th, my birthday on the 29th, New Years Eve, New Years, and then Chloe's birthday is tomorrow.

I have to get some posts up that I've been working on concerning Christmas and birthdays. I'm working on something extra special for Chloe's birthday, so be sure to check back!

Being the genius that I am, I am going to share with you my extra special moment of the night.

To set the stage, as I said, Chloe's been sick. She hasn't been sleeping well at night, on top of the fact that it's normal for her to still wake up 3-4 times a night. Last night she was waking up EVERY hour. So tonight after getting her to sleep, I decide to take a nice, hot, RELAXING bath. I bring a book in there with me so read. So I'm laying back reading while the water is still running. I think I hear the phone ring, so I go to turn the water off. Somehow, I accidentally turn the shower on and soak myself with cold water. But I finally get it all off, only I don't hear the phone anymore. So I return to my book. Phone starts ringing again. I REALLY don't want it to wake Chloe up, so I jump out of the bath, grab a towel, and take off running on the hardwood floor, down the hardwood steps, across the tile hallway, down the three carpeted steps, onto the laminate hardwood floor. I spot the phone...then BAM! Did I mention that I was running?!?! And soaking wet???? The next thing I know, as I'm reaching out for the phone, my feet slide out from underneath me and I land HARD on my hip, hand/wrist, and shoulder. As I was starting to fall, it flashes through my head that I'm going to be luck if I come out of this without any broken bones. Fortunately, I'm ok, just a little sore. Everything is a little swollen, but no permanent damage. Hopefully it's not going to be one of those things were I'm REALLY feeling it tomorrow!

Well, Chloe just woke up, so I'm gonna jump off. Remember to check back for Chloe's birthday post!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flip flops or slippers in the bathroom might help in the future. Just a little "Mom" tip. I hope you aren't too sore.

Anonymous said...

Ouch, that sounds painful!!! I hope you're ok!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHLOE!!!! I can't believe the babies in our group are turning 1 already! I hope Miss Chloe has a wonderful day!

Carissa said...

Please feel better soon (Chloe as well)! Hope Chloe had an amazing birthday!

KrisJ said...

That is my worst nightmare to get injured while naked and end up with paramedics in my house with me undressed! Yikes hope you both recover soon!

jenn said...

Hope Chloe had a great birthday. I loved reading through your last few posts. I don't get as much reading done now a'days as I used too! She is really going and looks so cute. Hope she's feeling better and your back to sleeping. Sleep is definately the key to survival!