CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

3/30 Adventures in Car Shopping

Last night I wasn't feeling too hot. I felt really achy like you do right before you get the flu. Only I didn't know if it was from the flu or the car accident. I felt bad enough that I emailed in a sick day for today last night. I was quite excited to see what the morning would bring...

Fast forward to this morning at 6.30 am. I wake up. I lay there for a second contemplating whether I have the flu. Nope, doesn't seem like it. Instead I'm pretty sure that I have a killer kidney infection.

My first thought? Well, my wallet is MIA, therefore no insurance or HSA card. Out of luck there. I need to go car shopping. Only no driver's license or source of cash. Ok. All this is going to make my day a little inconvenient, but I'm willing to work with it. So my mom comes by and we pack up Chloe and take off.

Stop #1: License branch for a new license. Rather painless.

Stop #2: Chevy dealership. Checked out a Malibu and somewhat looked at the Impala. Both cars were decent. Chloe was a pretty big hit running around like crazy. (I'm not sure how they felt about her putting handprints all over the demo cars...)

Stop #3: Nissan Dealership. Checked out the Nissan Altima.

Now. This is where I bought my last car in January. I was VERY unsatisfied with their service. I ended up paying an additional 1,500 for an extended warrenty/roadside assistance that was supposed to be included with it. The sales guy only gives me one key and when I inquire about a second, tells me that its the type of key you can take anywhere to get copies made. Turns out not. Then they want to charge me an additional $100 for a second key. After arguing, I get them to agree to give me one for free, but the service guy never gets back to me with a an appointment. Last, a few weeks back I lock my keys and cell phone in my car. Along with my above mentioned roadside assistance paperwork that I paid an additional 1,500 for. So I call the dealership for the number and they give it to me. Only it ends up not being the right company, so I end up having to pay $70 for someone to unlock my car.

But I digress. So the first salesperson who walks up to me asks me if he can help me. I tell him I'm looking for a car and have been VERY unsatisfied with their customer service in the past, so he's going to have to pull off a miracle for me to buy from them. We'll see.

Bad Salesguy #1 certainly wasn't happy about me working with someone else.

Anyway.

Stop #3: Lunch

Stop #4: Ford Dealership. Checked out the Ford Fusion.

Stop #5: Volkwagen Dealership. Checked out the Pasaat. Which I do love. But happens to be at the VERY top of my price range, if not over.

Stop #6: CVS Minute Clinic. Which I love. Hopefully they have made me better.

So that's how we spent our day from 9-4. Chloe was such a little trooper. I must admit that I brought the previously blogged about Sponge Bob CD. And I played Best Day Ever! over and over again. Just to hear hear sing...it makes me laugh that much.

So question: Which of these cars do you like the best? I pretty much don't care. I'm a little disappointed that I can't line each of them up side by side to look at in person at the same time. I know you can do it online, but it's just not the same...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd go with the Nissan, although I'd go to a different dealership.

mom said...

Thats a thought. which one had the chrome grill?