CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Interesting Stuff

The internet connection wasn't working in the room today, so I didn't bother to take any new pictures. Plus we had a pretty full day, full of outings and naps. Although I do have one picture from last night. This is Chloe after she finally fell asleep. Isn't she precious???

So this morning we got up at 7:00 am for Bella's medical exam. (I actually had to wake her up!) She did so great... we were gone for probably close to 3 hours, and she only cried a couple of times!

We saw the nurse first, who took her weight, length, pulse, respiratory rate, and oxygen sat level. I will discuss the results in a minute. Afterwards, we went in to see the actual doctor.

Sidebar: We received a "medical update" on Chloe before we traveled. This was SUPPOSEDLY done on May 7th. I say supposedly because I don't believe that it was. If they really did take her for a medical, I don't think that they actually took her measurements. I tried to clarify whether this was in fact done on the the 7th, and I am being told that it was. Here is my problem with that:

Her medical was supposedly done on the 7th (Monday). We visited her for the first time on the 13th (Sunday). We took her back to the hotel with us on the 18th and have had her ever since. According to this medical report, she weighed 8.8lbs. It says that she was 58 cm long. From the second I got this report, I had doubts, as 8.8 seemed awfully small for a four month old.

Well today, one day short of one month from the last medical, she weighed 12.8 lbs. And she was 62.5 cm long. So this means that within one month she would have had to gain 4lbs and grow 4.5 cm. I don't believe that she did. We saw her less than a week after this medical was done, and while she has put on some weight, it's nowhere close to 4lbs!

So I don't know if maybe another baby went and their measurements got mixed up or something, but... Anyway, the good thing is that she is healthy!

The doctor that we saw was Dutch. He was very nice. When the he saw her, he said that he was very happy with where she was developmentally for her age.

Now, I know I am quite biased, but I think that Chloe-Belle is very beautiful. But the doctor confirmed it! This is a direct quote :) :

"My, aren't you a cute baby! Well, all babies are cute, you are just EXTRA cute!" So there you have it, straight from the doctors mouth.

After that we came home and Bella had her first long nap in a week...it was 2-3 hours long. I got to sleep too! Yay Bella!!!!

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but Chloe's nails and toenails have gotten very long. I am very hesitant to cut them, as it's hard to do on my own, and when Mark and I attempted, he snipped her finger and it bled and bled. So I've kinda just left them, but the problem is that she constantly rubs her feet together. The result is many cuts on each leg/ankle from her toenails!

So I got down to the lobby today, and the staff, as usual, swipe Bella away. I use this time to check my email. Well, I hear a sound so I turn around and look at the front desk, and they have her up there cutting her nails! They did an awesome job, and she didn't cry or move at all! I was very impressed!!!

Ok, one more funny story. I decided to give Bella a bath again tonight. She's really started to like the bath. So when we get back from dinner I start to get her ready. But first she needed a diaper change, as at lunch she made a dirty diaper!!! The problem was that I hadn't started the bath water yet. I didn't want to put another diaper on her, but I also wanted to get her out of the one she had on. So I changed her real quick, only I didn't but another diaper on her. After cleaning her up, I go into the bathroom and start the bath water. (I'm holding her this whole time) I come back to the bed and sit down with her on my lap and start to undress her. In my mind I'm thinking, "I hope she doesn't decide to pee!" At that VERY instant, I feel a warm liquid on my thigh...Bella peed all over me in my jeans! So yesterday I got projectile puked on, today I got peed on...and each time Chloe thought it was pretty funny!



5 comments:

jenn said...

I know its been said before, but she is so adorable! I can't believe she sleeps naked like that. To this day, no matter how warm it is, my girls have to be in a sleeper with a blanket (quilt like, no light weight sheets or recieveing blankies) has to be swaddled nice and snug around them or they will not sleep. It's not so bad though as I finally got them away from the hats and when I bundle them like this they pretty much turn their head to the side and go right to sleep.
On the nail issue, I tried wiht my oldest using the clippers for babies and no go. Since then I have used baby nail scissors and have only had one little red spot in 6+ years! It's nearly impossible to get their skin with these.

Anonymous said...

I think you may be onto something with the medical thing...Jocelyn's medical report at 2 months said she was 8.5 lbs and 22" long--when she went to the hospital a month later with me, she was 14 lbs and 23.5" long, and she didn't grow at all from 3 to 4 months...odd for a baby that supposedly grew 6 lbs and 2" in a month! Either that or we both have fast groweres! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Well No matter what she weighs she is beautiful. Any word on your 2nd interview, Will it be Monday? I can't wait to see both of you.
Love ya - mom

Anonymous said...

I remember when Dewayne (your big brother ) came home from the hospital, I clipped his nails and did the very same thing. I felt so bad. You know how bad I felt if I still remember it after ALL these years. I'm sure Chloe-Belle is suffering BIG separation issues since she's had so many in her short little life. You are NOT a bad mother!!! You are just a new mother and you will have help soon.
The dutch doc is right!! She is extra cute!!biased or not.

Anonymous said...

She is Beautiful and I love those big bright eyes. Great photos!