CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 18, 2007

Poor Bella!!!

Poor little Chloe!So she had her six shots on Friday...One was a TB test, which Marksays doesn't count as a shot, but the still stuck her! I'm sure thepediatrician wouldn't have had a problem if I said I didn't havethat many, but at the time I was just thinking...what would thedifference be between 3 and 5? Might as well get them out of theway....So the pedicatrician also ordered a bunch of lab work. She wantedto retest for HIV, Hepatitis, Syphillis, etc. So I took her thismorning. I didn't realize how much blood they would have to draw!I'm at the lab at the hospital and they try to get blood from herleft arm. They can't get it, so they dig around in her arm forabout five minutes! At this point, she's hysterical. Then theymove to her right arm, again the same thing, can't get it and theydig around! Again, she's hysterical.At this point they keep saying things that were annoying the crapout of me, although I might just have been ultra sensitive:1) "What's wrong baby? Why are you crying?" They kept saying thisover and over again. I wanted to be like, "WHAT DO YOU THINK ISWRONG WITH HER!?!?! You keep sticking her with needles and pokingaround in her veins!"2) "Will she take a paci??? Can you give her a paci???" Well, Isuppose I could give her one, but it's not going to change the factthat you guys are sticking needles in her all over the place andshe's screaming because of it!So then they try to get blood from her wrist...again doesn't work.So at this point, they decide to send her up to the pediatric unitof the hospital. They finally got the blood, but they had to get itfrom her skull!I don't think I'll be able to take her to get blood work done again!

3 comments:

jenn said...

What a nightmare. Just hope you don't get the call I got "Ummm, we accidentally put one of Hoa's tubes in the frezzer rather than do a culture immediately. Can we set up an appointment?" I hate the thought of bloodwork, makes my stomach turn!

Add to it the problems we've had with immunizations and I am thinking the only thing poking my girls is going to be earrings.

Anonymous said...

good Lord, Angel, Mom told me what all they done to that poor baby. Ultra sensitive or not, it seems that they were torturing her. I don't blame you for being upset! you would think they would have sent her to pediatrics first before digging back to Vietnam for blood. Poor little sweetie, I know you loved up on her after, how could you not? give her an extra hug from Aunt Jan

Anonymous said...

The poor baby has black n blue limbs thanks to the darn shots and blood work!