CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Search is Over!!!!

Job search that is. I have received two different offers that I've been considering. I've been waiting to announce this because I didn't officially get the second offer until today, though I knew that it was coming.

My choices are:

  • A CPA firm located in the same parking lot as my current place of employment. Somewhat better benefits, but over all, I think the two jobs are interchangable. However, the new place offered me an almost 15% pay increase. But it's on the north side still. :(
  • A CPA firm located on the corner of Emerson Ave and Edgewood. For those unfamilier with where I live and where this place is located, according to Yahoo!Maps, it is 1.6 miles away. You can't get any better than that! Except that the place is awesome and so are the people who work there. The offer came in a little less than what I was offered at the other place, and part of my salary is based upon us meeting quarterly firm goals, so it's variable. However, no matter what, it's more/as much than what I am making now. Plus it's 1.6 miles away! :)
  • I could stay where I am at and keep looking...

Reading my descriptions of the above places, you would think that I have my decision made, but you would be wrong in that assumption. I have one more hurdle...

As most of you already know (I am assuming), we will have to travel to Vietnam to pick up baby Chloe sometime next year. And it's a 2-3 week trip, so I will have to take that time off from work, possibly longer.

I have just sent an email out to the second place informing them of this so that they know about it beforehand. If it is fine with them, then that is the offer I will accept. If not, I will have to decide whether to stick out where I am at until I find something better, or going ahead and accepting the other offer that pays better but is still up North. The problem is that that place up North is a big firm, therefore my absence might not even be noticed. However, the place down south is a very small firm (10 people) so me being gone that long might cause some problems. Hopefully not, I'm just waiting to hear back from them about it...

Until next post....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angel, I will definitely be praying about your decision and that the co. that is nearby will really accept that you will have to travel next year. WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Of course there will not be an issue with you traveling!