CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Day 7-Thursday

We missed breakfast today and decided to make an early lunch. I was a wimp and just got a chicken club, while Mark had a Bacon Burger. What is a bacon burger, you ask? Well, it's a not a hamburger with bacon! It's actually just a bun with lettuce, tomato, melted cheese, and a lot of bacon!

Afterwards we took a taxi to the museum of ethnology. My camera ran out of batteries while we were there, so we didn't get a lot of pictures. I haven't searched through our stuff for them yet, so I will post pictures later. It was definitely interesting...

Thuy told us that if we take a taxi, we should stick with CP taxi or Hanoi taxi. Some taxis will drive you around for a long time to run up the meter or will try some other scam. So we tracked down a CP taxi and headed out. It was about a 10-15 minute drive. It ended up costing us 80 dong, which is $5. While we were there we saw another lady from our agency who had come out by herself...we decided to split a taxi back to the hotel. When we went out, we didn't see either of those two taxi companies, so we just picked one and went. He ended up charging us 140 dong...twice the price as what we paid getting there!!!! Oh well though, what can you do?

GOOD NEWS! Supposedly our G&R is on for tomorrow at 3pm. We'll head out the orphanage at noon, have the G&R, then take Chloe home with us!!!! Keep your fingers crossed! After the G&R we have to apply for her passport, have two exit interviews, a medical check, and get her visas...then we'll get to come home.

Hopefully not, but it looks like Mark will be coming back by himself... :(

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fingers are crossed And I hope you are able to leave when Mark has to.

Anonymous said...

Ditto, from me.
The "bacon burger" sounds good, but my goodness a heart attack waiting to happen.
Great news about the G & R !!! seems like the rest isn't much but judging by the rest of it, I guess it could be strung out too. Got my fingers crossed and everything else too.

Anonymous said...

There's another one of us? Oh man...how come we didn't know about her? Has she been delayed too?

Anonymous said...

Has everyone there had their G&R's delayed? How long does the other stuff take usually? Will continue to pray that God will speed things up so you can come back as a family!! Am enjoying reading and looking at the sights so we can feel like we are there also.

jenn said...

Oh, I hope he is able to stay with you...it is so hard to send your husband home. At least he'll be there for the G&R and a few of your appointments, my husband saw the babies for 15 minutes in the dark and that was it. He could have stayed all the way up until the day before our G&R, but opted to go on home with our older two.

To be honest though, it was alot easier than I though to handle the twins alone. Thuy was a lot of help, the Vietnamese people make it easy to be out and about with babies. You can do it if you have to, here's hopeing you don't have to though!

Anonymous said...

Hey there you two! We are watching your blog posts with awe and wonder. When I first saw the pix of you all with Chloe my heart just swelled up with joy ... and hope. It's finally coming true! I guess that means it will come true for us too. Can't TELL you how much help this blog is going to be to us when it's our turn. I figured all they had to eat in VN was rice and fish and I do not like fish! I sure hope we get to meet Chloe at Raych's wedding. You write a wonderful blog!

All our best and tons of love to all three of you. Congratulations!

Love from Aunt Dorothy & Uncle Terry

Angel said...

Ally-I was talking about Melissa. I just meant that she went to the museum alone, Joe and Olivia were swimming at the Army Hotel...

As far at the G&R goes, we are all having it at the same time. Most of the families arrived in Hanoi at the same time, and we're all in the same boat.

As far as how long the other stuff takes, it just depends. It really up to the how much time the government officials have, and when they call us back for our appointments. Things happen when they happen here. Unfortuntately, t's not like in the US where you can complain and get things moving.

Anonymous said...

WHAT? It doesn't do you any good to complain Well Poop that would leave me up a creek now wouldn't it! lol I guess all we can do is pray everthing goes in a timely manner. Once you are home with that beauyiful baby you will be saying "What delay".