CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 28, 2007

FINALLY...G&R!!!







First, I wanted to apologize for the lack of updates. We were supposed to have our G&R on Monday, the 14th. As you know that didn't happen. But we finally had it today. So basically we spent two weeks in country accomplishing not a single thing, procedural wise. Meaning now is when our "in country" time starts.




We have had Chloe since Friday, the 18th. We shouldn't have had her before the G&R, but we got her on a medical pass. She definitely has her fussy moments and she's been pretty congested. I also think she's teething. So basically the last week and a half has been spent waiting for news each day on a G&R, waiting for it to be meal time to go and eat, and then waiting for it to be bedtime. Therefore, I really didn't feel like I had anything that I could post yet. We wanted to wait until the actual G&R to start posting about Chloe.




IN GENERAL




Chloe has definitely kept our hands full. We've spent the last week trying to develop eating, napping, and sleeping routines. And let me tell you, this child will sleep through ANYTHING! Jackhammering, bumpy roads, horns, you name it. To get her to go to sleep, I have to take her set of plastic keys and rattle them loud and non stop until she's asleep. The second I start she closes her eyes, and if I stop before she's asleep she'll pop them back open.




She has gotten pretty spoiled with wanting to be held all the time. Her favorite song right now is the Itsy Bitsy Spider. In the time we've had her, she's learned to roll over from her back to tummy. She used to roll over and her arm would get stuck underneath her, but she's finally learned to get it out.




I will post about the G&R sometime tomorrow. We had a rough night once we got back to the hotel. She slept the whole 2.5 hours drive back to the hotel, then was quite upset once we got here and I put her to bed. She probably cried for a solid 45 minutes.




Mark left the department of justice early in order to make his flight back tonight. So I'll be on my own for the next couple weeks.




I'm gonna get some sleep, as I'm all about sleeping when she sleeps. I'll leave you all with some pretty cute pictures. I have to say, I think she's the most adorable baby ever...I am not biased or anything:). She's got the cutest little crooked smile. And it's super cute how she likes to suck on her lower lip. Can't wait for all you guys to meet her! Hopefully we'll make the flight back on the 6th, getting in on the 7th, but that's being VERY optimistic...




This is Chloe after we got back to the hotel at close to 11pm. Not in the mood to sleep...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chloe is darling! Congrats on finally haveing your G&R. Hope you get some sleep now.
Kathleen
PAP Adoppt and Next...

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad to Finally hear SOMETHING happening! I bet you are pretty happy about that too!
I will meet Mark at the airport so he can be "debriefed". I hate the thought of you being there by yourself! Looking forward to tomorrow's posts!

Angel said...

I hate the thought of me being over here by myself too, but Mark wanted to come home early.
And really, I'm not exactly home. There are three other families at this hotel and we have all bonded pretty good, so they've all offered to take up some of the slack if needed.

jenn said...

It is hard at first to be alone, but you'll do good, especially with other families in the same hotel...Sandy and Regina were lifesavers to me with the twins.

So glad you had your G&R's and I have to say she is just absolutely adorable! One of mine sucks her bottom lip too, it's adorable.

Anonymous said...

Angel, finally just got home after picking Mark up, so glad just to hug him and talk to him, took him home and had the dogs attack him, including rocky, and got to hear all about what has been happening. Miss you lots, and I know Mark is missing you too. Got home and Leah went to get her hair dyed dark brown. Chloe is just more adorable each time I see her picture. Can't wait to meet her and hold her!! Will continue to pray for safety and that things would move along quickly now. Love you, Karen