CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Night 2-Day 12

We went to dinner at this place called Al Fresco. It had western food: ribs, burgers, pizza, etc. We got a pizza called Spicy Chicken Delight or something like that. Not very Vietnamese. But it was good. We also had calamari to go with it :) .

So we are leaving at 9:45 tomorrow to make the 2 hour trip to the orphanage to see the babies. We'll get to spend an hour or two there. We'll be taking lots of pictures then. Unfortunately it looks like the G&R ceremony won't be until Wednesday at the earliest, possibly Thursday. Seems like things keep getting pushed further and further. Hopefully this will be the last delay that we have to deal with.

So we ended up staying at the Heart Hotel. There definitely is a lot of noise here. This afternoon we had to put up with the sound of a jack hammer going at it. Fortunately noise doesn't bother me too much, so it wasn't a big deal. Other than that, I think this hotel is great. It's clean, has nice furniture, the refridgerator is always stocked, free breakfast, WIFI in the room, not much I can complain about. It's nicer that most hotels I've stayed at over in the US.

I'll fill you in on everything once we got back tomorrow...hope everyone's day goes well!

10 comments:

jenn said...

I'm so sorry you guys have run into delays, it stinks. Keep your spirits up though.
I loved ALFresco's. Just for future reference, I think on tuesdays they do buy one get one Half (??) on pizza and they deliver to your hotel!

samg23 said...

Hi!
I hope you don't mind me following your journey. I'm Ally's sister. I was reading on her blog and saw your comment and came to your blog. I think it's very exciting for everyone, Congratulations!
I just want to find out as much as I can about what is going on there.
Thanks,

Samantha

Angel said...

Thanks for the tip Jenn...their pizza was REALLY good!

Sam, feel free to follow along!

Hopefully we start getting out and getting more pictures soon!

Unknown said...

Quick question... what does G&R stand for?

Anonymous said...

Hello Kids, Sounds like you are having a good time. This is the first that I was able to get into your blog. Bonnie posted a link (^_^) Good Luck with everything. I am looking forward to meeting the baby and FYI, I spoil every baby I can.

Angel said...

G&R stands for the giving and receiving ceremony. anonymous, who are you?

Anonymous said...

I think anonymous might be Uncle Mike. The delay of the G&R ceremony won't delay your return will it? I just can't wait to see My Beautiul Granddaughter!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the delays...we are keeping you all in our thoughts.
Glad ya get to visit the orphanage an babies.
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are finding things to keep you occupied, testing out different cuisine