CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday in Hanoi

So I have to say that since I have been over here, I've found a lot of things:

  • I can't keep my days of the week straight
  • I never know the date
  • I think that dinner that costs more than $3.00 is too expensive
  • I've learned that I never really forgot all those barney songs. Some kids channel is mostly all that I have on over here, and I find myself subconsiously (sp?) singing along with them all....

Chloe has been a very good baby today. We practiced crawling today. I put her on one side of the bed, went to the other and tried to call her to me. She really WANTS to crawl, but most of the time just ends up crawling in place. But with much effort, frustration, and tears, she made it over to me. It took her about 10 minutes, but she did it! And she was really excited when she did!

So, did I mention that everyone tells us that Chloe is older than she is? Well, I asked Thuy about it, and she explained to us that most babies from orphanages are more developed. They have to learn to play with themselves, entertain themselves, feed themselves (hold the bottle), so they naturally develop faster. Most Vietnamese babies are very spoiled by their parents, and their parents do everything for them until they are much older. So just because she is more developed, doesnt' mean she's older. Although she probably is, just not by much.

Anyway, I found that interesting.

We go pick up the babies' passports tomorrow. We go for our first embassy interview on Friday at 1:30. Our medical appointment will be either Monday or Tuesday. Our second interview will probably be Wed or Thurs, and then the Visa would be issued the NEXT day by 4, meaning Thursday is probably the earliest we could leave, getting back Friday. Possibly we won't be able to leave until Friday... Of course this is all best case scenario...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark is going to be disappointed that he missed Chloe crawling for the first time!! We can't wait for you two to come home!!! If you come home Saturday we could go to the airport, don't know about Thursday and definitely not Friday because of wedding. Raych will be disappointed but you are not in control. I can't believe she is still so tiny even at 5 months!! Just know that everyone here is thinking about you constantly and we are continuing to pray for all things while you are apart from us. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Those darn Barney songs just stay with you.
Are you writing these important dates down so you can put them in her baby book? Believe me you may remember the Barney songs but dates have a way of eluding you.
It is understandable that babies from orphanages develop faster. I noticed in the pictures she sure did develop a beautiful smile. I just can't wait to see her in person.
I vote for best case scenario!
love ya mom

Anonymous said...

wow! Angel, that is so cool, crawling, 10 minutes work isn't that long, to learn something like that. She is a very smart baby.
love you, and can't wait to see all of you home.

Anonymous said...

Angel,
So glad you have your first appointment!
Chloe is darling no matter how old she is :)
Wow she is smart to crawl already, I am impressed.
Kathleen
PAP Next!!!
Adoppt