CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 28, 2007

Random Stuff

So Chloe has been really good about sleeping through the night. She'll wake up a few times for a bottle or diaper change, but in all, she usually sleeps about 12 hours at night. Notice that I said usually. She's been up since 6 am today! I'm trying and trying to get her to go back to sleep so that I can take a shower, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. (Her going back to sleep, not me taking a shower)

So yesterday's G&R definitely did not happen exactly smoothly... We were supposed to be ready at 830am for a G&R at 11am. At 830am we found out that it was postponed and that we would leave at 11am. At 11am we were told it was delayed again, now we leave at 2pm. At this point I didn't have much faith that it would happen...but the van showed up! So we all piled in and made our way to the province.

Did I mention that it was SUPER hot and SUPER humid over here??? Well, it is. So we FINALLY get to the department of justice and Thuy tells us that we all have to wait outside until they call us up...no waiting room. And by wait outside, I don't mean in the van with air conditioning, I mean OUTSIDE. So that was fun...

We finally got called up. We started out by filling out some paperwork, signing some forms. The guy doing the ceremony definitely wasn't happy with us...he lectured us about how by law, they have so many days to process the paperwork and that they were actually early, not late. When you tell that to people who have just been sitting in country for 2.5 weeks, it really doesn't mean much...

They asked us if we changed our minds about the adoption, we of course said no. Then they have us the signed adoption decree. That means that Chloe is officially ours, according to Vietnamese law!!!

So today we are going to go apply for the passports, visas, and have visa pictures taken. I think we are back to expediting the passports...we'll see.

Well I gotta run and try to get a super quick shower. Love you all!

2 comments:

jenn said...

Just letting you know, the timeline they are meaning is likely the overall amount of time for all steps listed in the bi-lateral agreement, not according to the once a G&R date is given. So he is right, in a sense...kind of. Email me on this AFTER you get home and I'll explain more.

Regardless, they bestowed to you your treasure, and by her photos I can tell she surely is one! Here's hoping the US side of this is a bit quicker and a bit more predictable.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the honeymoon between you and Vietnam is slowing melting away. lol Sorry just trying to make you smile. I just can't wait to see our new family member. Good luck on the showers.
Love ya Mom