CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 14, 2007

SPECIAL REQUEST

MOM OR JASON

Mark has a library book checked out that was due yesterday, although at the time I'm writing this, yesterday is today for you guys.... In other words, it was due on the 14th. Is there any way that one of you could take it back to the library? Someone's requested it so we can't renew it. It's called Striking thoughts : Bruce Lee's wisdom for daily living. It is either on the dining room table or Mark's desk. Thanks!

I forgot to mention this yesterday. I did a stupid, stupid thing. We (traveling families) were all sitting around this big table counting out money to give to Thuy for all of our fees. I had all my fees in seperate envelopes for each fee. I also had an envelope for the extra spending money, including food and hotel costs. At first everyone was going to expedite the passports, but then we all decided against it since its very possible it won't make any difference. So I had to make some different change for that fee, so I had to get out the spending money. Once I got everything counted out, I gave Thuy our money. Instead of counting it, she just sticks it with the rest of the money that she had collected from the other families. Suddenly I look down and realize that I gave her the wrong stack of money! And I hadn't previously counted how much spending money we had left!!! After a few minutes of trying to sort through who had given her what, I think we were able to work our way backwards and get our money back. I just wanted to kick myself! And poor Thuy! She felt so bad for it, and she wasn't even the one who did it!

Anyway, I think we got all the money we had started with, so it was ok. It's a good thing that Thuy didn't have a bunch of money to make change with!!!

So that's all for now. We are off to Ha Long Bay for the day. Hope everyone has a great night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will make sure the book gets back

Anonymous said...

Glad it all worked out! :)
So what is the time difference between expediting and not?
Kathleen
Adoppt and hoping to travel next.

Anonymous said...

That Would be a "Hello Mcfly" moment. As you know I get them a lot so I know how you feel but I'm glad to here that it turned out ok.
Hope you had a great time at Ha Long Bay I am expecting pictures.
Like Mom H said it is a race to the computer to see i there are more posts and pictures.
Love you guys

Angel said...

Kathleen-There is no set time difference for how long expediting saves. Basically, they have up to 7 working days to print the baby's passport, if you expedite it, it's done by the next business day. You need the passport in order to make the SOS medical appointment. But you can't do that until after the second interview. In the end, it all depends on how busy the INS is. If they call you back for the 2nd interview right away, you will have saved time, but sometimes there are five days between the first and second interview, so then it wouldn't matter. Does that make sense?

Mom-Thanks for taking the book back.